The Business Development Manager at Peak-Ryzex business unit, is high growth segment focused on wireless solutions and managed services that drive recurring revenues. We are looking for candidates on the West Coast for this position ( California, Arizona, Texas, etc.) This individual will create and execute a sales and business development plan to uncover solution centric opportunities leveraging national cellular sales teams in a channel approach (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile).
This role is an individual contributor position focused mainly on sales opportunities via the national cellular sales team. You will be expected to serve in a subject matter expert function, driving customer facing presentations and leading opportunities from ideation to close. You will work closely with the internal Manage Mobility and Peak-Ryzex sales team, key strategic partners such as Sierra Wireless, Cradlepoint, Zebra, Honeywell, Microsoft, Samsung and end users in crafting solution specific approaches in SMB, Enterprise and/or SLED horizontal business segments. Vertical focus will include Field Service, Retail, Warehouse/Distribution Centers, T&L, Public Safety, Healthcare and Digital Divide. Experience building and selling monthly recurring solutions such as Managed Services and MDM/EMM purpose-built products preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating and implementing a sales plan to achieve our revenue objectives.
- Identify, qualify and close mobility sales opportunities.
- Help craft new IoT/M2M/5G focused solutions that drive value/reduce costs
- Work with the cellular sales team to build a qualified pipeline of sales opportunities to ensure revenue predictability quarter over quarter.
- Maintaining a daily cadence with both the sales and solutions architecture side of the cellular teams
- Will also work closely with internal Peak-Ryzex sales organization on managed service opportunities in a team approach
- Ensures appropriate account planning and account management strategies are executed in all managed mobility services solution opportunities.
- Conducts sales and solution presentations to prospects and customers.
- Responsible for providing effective support to the sales process.
- Supports existing sales team on IoT/M2M sales opportunities as a subject matter expert – team selling.
- Ensures all target accounts and opportunities are visible in organizations CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Provides a monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecast for accounts in their individual contributor assignment.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with customers (internal or external), vendors, management and co-workers.
- Leverages existing, strong relationship with cellular sales team – locally and nationally
- Ensures strong working relationships with the sales team, sales leads and the engaged partners for each opportunity
- Engages with other functions to bring together virtual teams required to win larger and more complex opportunities
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal departments, peers, external customers and suppliers, to ensure cross-functional cooperation success.
- Sets, monitors and manages priorities in line with strategy
- Effectively leverage the Manage Mobility operational team and other internal resources as well as the partner base
- Develops and maintain great customer relationships. This will be measured by the number of reference accounts and customer satisfaction surveys
- Responsible for working with the Marketing team to develop communications, PR and demand generation plans.
- Development marketing plans to drive awareness and leads for the applicable segments
- Establish communications plan and messaging for internal audience, customers, and partner ecosystem
- Develop portfolio of reference accounts and increase external PR exposure of the company’s Public-Sector offerings
- Attends and participates in meetings and trainings
- Complete special projects as assigned that may include market research, client contact and proposal writing/RFP responses
- Continuous Improvement
- Assists in driving a continuous improvement strategy within the business to result in an going incremental gains in quality and efficiency.
- Achieves operational goals set by the Company.
- Supports corporate initiatives and decisions.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated successful selling in SMB, Enterprise, SLED at VZW, preferably in the area of Field Service, Retail, Warehouse/Distribution Centers, Public Safety, Healthcare and Digital Divide Specific IoT/M2M sales experience and success
- Knowledge of solution selling, selling through a carrier sales organization/channel sales and public sector – sales cycle times, funding challenges and purchasing via GPOs and/or state contracts such as NASPO, HGAC and DIR.
- Knowledge of non-stock, IoT type hardware and related software solutions from OEMs such as Cradlepoint, Sierra Wireless, Peplink, Digi, Panasonic, Microsoft, Zebra, Honeywell and Koamtac
- Experience working via distributors such as Synnex, Ingram Micro, Scansource
- Knowledge of software solutions such as ALMS, NetCloud Manager, Digi Remote Monitor, Knox Manage, Knox Configure, Airwatch, SOTI, Mobile Iron
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as other CRM and ERP systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including ability to listen and disseminate information and communicate to customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work in matrix structured environment and a be an effective team player.
- Must be able to handle large complex accounts, and manage sales campaigns in a fast paced, consultative and competitive market.
- Must thrive on working under pressure in a rapidly growing business environment.
- Demonstrated passion for building and closing deals with a consistent over-achievement of quotas.
- A strong sales/business development professional who is disciplined in ensuring forecast accuracy, diligent in account management and opportunity management activities that build a strong pipeline to over-achieve the sales target.
- Ability to travel regionally 50% of the time. Must not have any limitation that would prevent travel within North America.
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with good leadership, decision making and analytical skills.
- Must possess a dynamic, entrepreneurial and passionate style with the ability to develop strong customer relationships.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work in autonomous/self-starter mode without daily micro-management.
- High energy and positive attitude with good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must deal well with ambiguity.
- Strong presentation & negotiation skills.
Peak-Ryzex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, martial status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Peak - Ryzex provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at HR2@peak-ryzex.com
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate Human Resources Business Partner who will assist you.
Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.