Peak-Ryzex is hiring a Learning & Development Manager in our Columbia, MD office!
Are you a roll-up-your-sleeves individual who is passionate about leveraging the power of people to create business success? Are you excited about the prospect of building transformative employee experiences from the ground up?
Peak-Ryzex is a 500-person multi-national company looking for an extremely organized, results-oriented Learning & Development Manager. Our headquarters are in Columbia, MD, and our primary Operational Center is in Alpharetta, GA. We’re fast paced, we work hard, and everything isn’t already sorted out. You will learn a lot in this job, and you won’t be bored. You will have a chance to make an impact on the people of the company and on the way we do things.
We are currently working to transform our HR function from its historical roots as an administrative processing department to a strategic business partner that maximizes the potential of our organizational talent. It's definitely not an overnight journey but we have made a lot of progress in the past year and we know we still have a lot of work to do.
Our HR team is small, but ambitious and productive. We need an experienced, creative and enthusiastic Talent Management professional to lead our efforts in the areas of learning program management, instructional design, and education delivery and facilitation.
Our Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing programs and services which support the development of top talent to Peak-Ryzex, and foster a work environment of continuous learning for all employee, thus continuing to improve the employee experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with management and Executive Leadership to identify, assess and prioritize learning & development needs within the company, based upon analytical needs assessments and the company’s strategic objectives.
- Manage and organize all company training initiatives – ensuring learning programs are audience appropriate, on time, within budget, and in line with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with HR, leaders, and subject matter experts to determine appropriate instructional methods based upon identified training needs, the skills and needs of the audience, and the effectiveness of each instructional technique.
- Develop high quality, professional talent and learning program materials for a variety of learning needs, with particular emphasis on digital and virtual training methods to accommodate Peak-Ryzex’s distributed workforce.
- Personally lead and facilitate learning sessions where appropriate. Collaborate with and effectively prepare speakers and presenters when others will lead educational programs.
- Measure, monitor, and report on the effectiveness of learning programs and make modifications accordingly. Solicit regular feedback on learning programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in HR and Marketing to create and deploy communication strategies for learning and development programs
- Own the Peak-Ryzex Global Onboarding Program, continuously updating with new content and company changes.
- Establish and manage the firm's calendar of training, learning and development initiatives
- Source and manage relationships with external suppliers of training programs and materials
- Maintains organized employee development records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but regularly interacts with all levels of Peak-Ryzex’s leadership.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a learning and development role which includes learning program management, instructional design, and education delivery and facilitation.
- At least 1 year of experience designing and executing learning and development programs for a geographically distributed workforce
- Professional presentation skills, including poise and presence when speaking in front of an audience
- Excellent consultation and collaboration skills, demonstrating sound judgment and diplomacy, and an ability to build relationships and gain trust
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Social Media platforms, and the ability to figure things out in new systems as needed.
- HRIS experience, ideally ADP Workforce Now.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, objectives and deadlines with excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong business acumen
- Lots of energy, a positive attitude, creativity and flexibility
- A no excuses mindset.
- Middle market company experience and global environment experience are both highly preferred, but not mandatory
- University degree or equivalent experience; HR and/or adult education certification an asset
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel. Good at picking up computer systems and skills quickly.
- Occasional travel is required; approximately monthly
This role is a key member of the Global Human Resources Team and is accountable to deliver results. We will expect you to begin with the end in mind, streamlining and improving the way we do things while simultaneously keeping the wheels on the bus.
In return, we will provide you with competitive wages, good benefits, friendly colleagues, flexibility, and lots of opportunities to learn and grow!
Peak-Ryzex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, martial status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Peak - Ryzex provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at HR2@peak-ryzex.com
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate Human Resources Business Partner who will assist you.
Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.