Solutions Engineer I
Collaborating with operations/sales teams, such as logistics and support, for creation, implementation, and support of technology-driven solutions for clients of the organization. Provide positive internal and external customer service that drives positive client experiences and growth of the company.
- Test, implement and support device and software systems.
- Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs
- Ensures all mobile devices are updated with the latest patches, profiles, and security standards.
- Improve existing processes by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications for efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot issues and restore technical services and equipment by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop solutions for typical problems.
- Document processes and standards for hardware and software configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Assist on hardware/software/security projects.
- Ensure managed service partners for mobility services and support are meeting contractual obligations, metrics and measures.
- Provide second level of support to resolve more complex problems involving infrastructure and client technology components, including but not limited to: mobile client hardware/software, mobile profiles, printers and network components.
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors, and internal support teams.
- Provide direct support for Service Desk, Desktop Support and Mobility Services teams.
- Perform application upgrades, security patching, and platform updates.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Achieves operational goals set by the Company.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure, including Mobility Systems Management
- Knowledge and experience working with various operating systems.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot mobile device connectivity issues.
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of best practices and protocols regarding system and cyber security.
- Ability to lead an enterprise solution.
- Knowledge of O365 and email systems.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be interactive with customers/clients.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Experience analyzing hardware, software and mobile devices.
- Ability to utilize existing resources to solve problems
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Bachelor's or Technical Degree Required (computer science, information systems, software engineering or other industry related degree) or equivalent years of experience and certifications.
- 3-5 years process analysis and reengineering experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in rugged mobile computer & printer hardware/software system configuration, implementation and support including, but not limited to Zebra, Honeywell, Panasonic, and Datalogic.
- 3-5 years wireless RF and/or Mobility solutions experience required.